Monday 2 September 2013

Time to Recharge... Again!

Upon coming back to Northern Ireland from Latvia last month, I knew that I had to get my priorities right. So without wasting much time, I went and got myself an IPhone 5. With my previous phone was just about ready to fall to pieces, combine this with the fact that my best friend James was able to get me a staff discount as he was working in the phone shop, I decided it to be a wise investment.

I'm happy to say that I haven't been disappointed by the latest IPhone to take the market by storm. Equipped with my Spiderman cover for it I don't only feel cool, but I look it too! I spend most of my time on my IPhone either listening to music or playing Plants vs Zombies. However, after a while of doing these most enjoyable things, a problem seems to rear it's ugly head. Does this look familiar to you IPhone users?

The IPhone charger! A necessary piece of equipment for all IPhone owners. The battery life on the IPhone is the only problem I have with my new phone. It depletes at a ridiculous rate, especially due to constant use and more so when it's being used for multiple tasks.

I would need to charge my phone every night without fail, and on days when I would be especially determined with Plants vs Zombies then I'd find myself charging it in the afternoon as well so I'd have sufficient battery to last me through the evening.


But this is not just an IPhone 5 review, no! The comparison I am making today is that we are like IPhones. God is our power source. We need to recharge frequently.



We are like the IPhone 5 in many ways. The basic truth and similarity is that we need to be charged every day. Our battery runs low too. Maybe it's from work, University or school. Possibly it's from people; friends or family, or just those we interact with on a daily basis. Sometimes we are emotionally drained from things that happen too. The only way to survive the day when we're at a low, is to plug in to God - our power source. It's important to get our energy and power from the Lord daily, through being in His Word and through prayer. This is how we, as Christians, recharge our battery.

Just like the trusty IPhone, the more we do then the more our power is depleted. Of course, with multiple apps open and the music playing, the IPhone battery runs out quicker. The same is true for us, and it's noticeable. The more we do every day, then obviously the more tired we become. Possibly the more stressed we become. As a result, the more reliant on God we become too. As I've said, I charge my IPhone every night. However, if I've used it a lot and it's been a busy day for him then I'll charge it during the afternoon. If we are having a particularly trying day as Christians, sometimes our time with God in the morning isn't enough. Sometimes, we may need to take some free time in the afternoon just to seek regeneration from God by being in His presence. At least once a day is vital to keep the battery topped up, but sometimes we need to charge more than once.

"Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest." - Matthew 11 v 28

No comments:

Post a Comment