Monday 17 March 2014

Kissing the badge

What a few days it has been for sport! We had Ireland winning the 6 Nations Championship in Rugby on Saturday! I was able to watch UFC 171 on Saturday night, and then I was able to sit down all day on Sunday to watch Liverpool v.s. United and Spurs v.s. Arsenal. To top it all off, today I was at the School's Cup Rugby final at Ravenhill between Sullivan and Methody.


In case you haven't noticed... I love sports. It's okay if you don't though. Because this post isn't about sports. It's about God. So keep reading!

Of course as a sports fan, and a rather imaginative person, I always find myself day dreaming about scoring the winning goal in a football match or winning the UFC title by knock out. For a guy that likes sports, there is no greater dream! Dreams are all they are however - I have no chance!

But have you ever thought about how great it must feel to accomplish something like that?! Even just to represent your country must be a unbelievable honour. Could you imagine pulling on that green top for Ireland and lining up on the pitch in Paris for the chance at winning the 6 nations?! Amazing...

As Christians we too are all representing. Regardless of sport or country, however, we are all representing Jesus. Every day our life is the game. He is the coach. And we are the players.

There isn't a team in the world, in any sport, that wins all the time. As Christians we too have our tough times, and we also have our good days too. There's struggles, and there's highlights. But all the time, keep in mind, we are representing something much greater than ourselves - our Father, and His Kingdom.

Sometimes I lose sight of this. Of the big picture. I see me, and my life, at the centre of the universe. How small picture! I think my life would change dramatically if I was constantly remembering that I am representing Jesus. Things I wouldn't do. Words I wouldn't say. Perhaps, things and words I would say too! Imagine if your life was one big sports game that everyone could watch.


“You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven." - Matthew 5 v 14-16


Remember guys, the world is watching. This is our game.
Represent the coach as best as you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment