Monday 14 March 2016

'I am the way, the truth and the life'


Where are you going?


“I am the way and the truth and the life. 
No one comes to the Father except through me"
- John 14 v 6

We all remember the first part of the verse, don't we? It has almost become a Christian cliché, a nice encouraging verse that we can quote and sing about, but it's important we don't overlook the second part to the verse. There is only one way that leads to Heaven. Only one way that leads to eternal life. That way is through Jesus.

Although there are many many different ways to live life, Jesus makes it clear that there's only two destinations. One way that leads to Heaven, and all the other ways that lead to destruction:

“Enter through the narrow gate. 
For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 
But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it"
- Matthew 7 v 13 - 14

The only way is through Jesus... What does that even mean? I live a good life, I believe in God, I pray sometimes, I help people, I've a good job, a nice house and a lovely family. Surely I'm going to Heaven? Well actually, only people who give their lives to Jesus go to Heaven. That's the only way to be saved. Jesus is the only way.

So now you know how to get there, where are you going?

No comments:

Post a Comment